Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

How to clean fuel injectors on a Lincoln LS 2001

Customer Question
how to clean fuel injectors on a Lincoln LS 2001
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/31/2011
Lincoln Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

All you can use is injector cleaner that goes into the gas tank...Otherwise it needs to be hooked up to a special machine.....If vehicle is running rough or misfiring its more likely a coil as these vehicles have alot of coil problems....If you know what cylinder is misfiring you can swap coil with another cylinder to see if misfire moves, if so replace coil.

would the fuel injecters need to be replace if the have alreay replace the coil?

If the fuel injector is in fact the problem but coils fail 500x more then injectors....So step one would be figuring out exactly what cylinder is misfiring then swap a coil. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
The car computer says its five and six injector are on code. And they want to replace these injectors. I have take my car there three times and seems to be getting worse. I'm a grandma, don't know much about cars, just tried of getting it back and running worse. Now, they want to replace injectors.And charge me nine hundred dollar.Thats why I wandered if you ever put new injectors in?
If your getting codes for injectors specifically they should be able to test resistance of injectors to verify its the problem before replacing.....If its the same codes that you got before coils were replaced I'd tell them you expect a discount on continued work since coil was replaced without being tested.....Also all of the injectors shouldnt be bad, just 5 and 6......But I know how frustrutating it is paying for repair work that doesnt repair anything.....So I'd make sure I get a confident answer, reason for problem not being fixed with coil and why coil was even replaced withou being tested, and see if they will work on labor costs with you since your still trying to resolve orignal problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Thanks!!! I think I'll try another place since the old man seemed very upset I went back, and told him it was running the same. He said, I had to keep driving it, till it run better. Now it shakes bad. Thank

Stinks he wasnt willing to be straight forward with you and fix his mistake...at least you know not to go there again.....Driving it until it runs better is a lie......Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

Thanks
No problem, thanks again.
Dan, Technician