Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lincoln

2000 Lincoln Continental: hesitates..rpm..coils..fuel flow sensor

Customer Question
My 2000 Lincoln Continental hesitates...
My 2000 Lincoln Continental hesitates in light to moderate acceleration from about 1500 - about 2300 rpm. It seems to be OK in hard acceleration. I have changed the plugs, coils, fuel pump, fuel flow sensor,and ECM. I had a transmission tech to tell me he didn't think it was the transmission (although I wonder about that). It seems to decelerate harder when I let off the gas (as if the torque converter is not releasing), and the gas mileage is not as good as it was before all this started happening (21 mpg vs 24 mpg earlier). The car has 92,000 miles on it - the transmission was serviced at 82,000 miles and there was't evidence of abnormal wear. Does ANYBODY know what is wrong with my car??
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/19/2010
Lincoln Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified FLM Service Mgr. replied 7 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified FLM Service Mgr.
I can assume no warning lights correct ? Can I have a VIN # ?
You are correct, there are no warning lights (or codes). The VIN is 1LNHM97V11Y616365. Good luck!!

I owned one of these a few years back and remembered the PCM update. There were a couple of issues that were solved with the update. It is likely your PCM has never received the reflash. See the listings I have included.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

EMRSR
EMRSR
EMRSR