Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need Help To Get The Radio Of My Lincoln Navagator To Work

Customer Question
My radio isn't getting any...

My radio isn't getting any power. I checked the fuses...all good. Now what can I check?

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lincoln
7/2/2010
Lincoln Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 years ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Kalamykid :

Did you check the fuses with a test light?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

yes

Kalamykid :

There are 4 fuses for the radio. Did you check both fuse blocks?

There is one under the hood and one under ther drivers side of the dash.

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Checked under hood and drivers side.....all good

Kalamykid :

Do you have the factory radio in the truck?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Not anymore

Kalamykid :

Did you check the fuse on the back of the aftermarket radio?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Is there another power source

Kalamykid :

There should be two fuses one on the red wire and one on the orange wire

Are you installing a radio in the truck or did the one that is in it stop working?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Yes,not burnt out

Kalamykid :

Is this a new one installed or has the radio already been in the truck and it stopped working?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

The new was working and then my battery died

After having hatch up

Not getting any power

Kalamykid :

Do you have an amp with big speakers hooked up to the radio?

Will the truck start?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Yes

Not getting power in radio or amp

Yes, after I jump started it

Kalamykid :

And the radio did not come back on after the truck was started?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

No, it didn't

Could something else be burnt out

Kalamykid :

I would have to know what radio you installed and how you installed it to be able to tell you what is wrong.

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

It's a Pioneer CD player

Kalamykid :

What model and did you use an install kit or did you cut the end off for the old radio and wire it straight to the new radio?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

MOSFET 50, used install kit

Kalamykid :

Do you have a test light to do some testing with?

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Yes

Kalamykid :

Pull the radio out and connect the clip to your test light to a good ground.

JACUSTOMER-eahkbn99- :

Ok,what else

Have to go to work now

Kalamykid :

Then see if you are getting power to the red wire and the orange wire at the radio.