Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A 1998 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR A/C BLOWING WARM…

Customer Question
HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A...
HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A 1998 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR A/C BLOWING WARM AIR PUT TWO CANS OF FREON COMPRESSOR WORKING LOW PRESS SIDE READING JUST OVER 50 LBS HIGH PRESS. SIDE JUST ABOUT 200LBS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lincoln
6/26/2010
Lincoln Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome back to justanswer.com

Your low side pressure is slightly high but if the compressor is operating and the a/c lines going into the evaporator are cold then you may have a problem with the temperature blend door actuator. If you do not feel a difference in the outlet air temp when moving from hot to cold then run the self teat on the EATC. Press and hold the OFF and FLOOR buttons at the same time then release both and hit the AUTO button. At the end of the test if a code 022, 024, or 025 are displayed then the motor is the most likely cause.

HELLO AGAIN RICH THANKS FOR TAKEING MY CALL ----- VEHICLE IS A 1998 AND HAS THE AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL I DID WHAT YOU SAID WITH THE OFF AND FLOOR BUTTONS AND THE AUTO BUTTON AND NOTHING REGISTERED --- VEHICLE WAS RUNNING AT THE TIME ---- DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG AND WHER ARE THESE CODES GOING TO DISPLAY THANKS DOM
Try doing the test again with the ignition ON. Press and hold the OFF and FLOOR at the same time then release both and hit the AUTO. You will see lines scrolling on the screen then fault codes will be stored. If there are no codes you will see what looks like 88.
RICH THE 888 CAME UP ON THE SCREEN NO CODES WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT HELLO AGAIN RICH THANKS FOR TAKEING MY CALL ----- VEHICLE IS A 1998 AND HAS THE AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL I DID WHAT YOU SAID WITH THE OFF AND FLOOR BUTTONS AND THE AUTO BUTTON AND NOTHING REGISTERED --- VEHICLE WAS RUNNING AT THE TIME ---- DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG AND WHER ARE THESE CODES GOING TO DISPLAY THANKS DOM

Sorry for the delay. If the a/c system is working and those a/c lines are cold then you may have a problem with the blend door even with no codes. the blend door actuator will need to be removed to check the door.