Shawn
Shawn, Technician
Experience:  16 years in the Automotive Industry
8633277

Where the blend door motor on a 98 Town car.

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-VF553hmk-,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The actuator is loacted behind the dash in the center of the vehicle, near the radio. I am sending you instructions on how to replace in pdf format, hope this helps you out.

CLICK HERE FOR REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS

A/C Electronic Blend Door Actuator

The A/C electronic blend door actuator is located on the top of the plenum housing.

• Its function is to move the air temperature blend door on command from the control assembly.
  • The A/C electronic blend door actuator contains a reversible electric motor and a potentiometer. The potentiometer wiper is connected to the actuator output shaft and moves with the output shaft to indicate the position of the air temperature blend door.
  • A 5 volt signal is applied to the ends of the potentiometer. The voltage available at the wiper indicates the position of the potentiometer. The expressed value of the actuator wiper voltage is sent to the electronic automatic temperature control module and is matched with the wiper voltage of the module potentiometer. The control module then drives the actuator motor in whichever direction is necessary to make the actuator wiper voltage agree with the control module wiper voltage.

Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-VF553hmk-,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

I sent the information you have requested, if need more help let me know, if not please don't forget to click on the accept button so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Need replacement instruction for Actuator.

Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the accept here you go, click on the link below

CLICK HERE FOR REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I take the radeo out of a 98 lincoln town car.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

No problem, here you go CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS

You can purchase the tool at any local auto parts store like Auto Zone for example.