Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The rubber plug in the backing plate you told me to remove..assembly…

Customer Question
The rubber plug in the...
The rubber plug in the backing plate you told me to remove has a rubber tube running through it, into the brake assembly. It does not want to come out. What is this and how do I remove it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lincoln
6/14/2010
Lincoln Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ronnie :

Hello

Customer:

Hello

Ronnie :

I am unclear what you are looking at but the plug is at the bottom, Take a look at this picture. I have marked the location of the plug.

Full Size Image

Customer:

There is no plug at the bottom. The plug I'm talking about is at the 9 0clock position on the rt rear and the 3oclock position on the left rear. They seem to be connected.

Ronnie :

That isnt the plug, the plug you need is at the bottom just like shown in the picture.

Customer:

I can touch something back there, but the suspension is so close to the backing plate that I cannot see or get to it. Is it necessary to take the wheel off? Will that even help?

Ronnie :

Yes it is a tight fit and yes its easier to get to it with the wheel off, the only other way to tighten the shoes up is to remove the rotor and adjust the shoes just tight enough to slide the rotor back on. Eaither way they are a pain in the rear unfortunately.

Customer:

OK. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Ronnie :

Your welcome,