Lincoln

Lincoln Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

lincoln town car: spec for the side chassis rails l*b* thickness…

Customer Question
hi what is the spec...
hi what is the spec for the side chassis rails l*b* thickness for a lincoln town car 82 thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lincoln
Answered in 2 days by:
6/11/2010
Lincoln Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 years ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Chat Conversation Started
Kalamykid :

Can you be more specific as to what infomation you need please?

Customer:

hi I am trying to confirm the dimentions of the side chassis rails of a 1982/3 lincoln town car. The chassis rail is a strange shap but I need the steel size length x bredth x thickness. The most important being the thickness of steel used in the origional build of the chassis details in metric would be great

Kalamykid :

What are you calling a rail? The frame? What part of the frame? The body? What part of the body?

Customer:

it is the chassis frame. the chassis which runs down the underside each side of the car

Kalamykid :

Is there a particular section of the frame you are concerend with? The frame can have different dimmintions all down the leinght of each section.

Customer:

the chassis frame

Customer:

the chasis frame which runs from front to back at the side of the car

Kalamykid :

Kalamykid :

I need to know the specific section of the frame.