FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

Lori, With regards to my Pro Se Quiet Title Court Hearing…

Good morning Lori,With regards *****...
Good morning Lori,With regards ***** ***** Pro Se Quiet Title Court Hearing date, several defendants (lien holders), to my understanding, are to have their liens on the property satisfied out of the Surplus Money from the Tax Deed Sale. The lawyer that is in charge of taking care of the Surplus funds to make sure these defendants get paid (if they are to be paid) is very busy and as of now I have no estimated time of when the Surplus funds will be released to satisfy the liens.I have a Purchase Contract on the sale of the property with an upcoming closing date. My questions are . . .Would it be wise to set a hearing date before the liens are satisfied with the Surplus funds?And if so, how would it work? Meaning, is it possible the judge would give me the Quiet Title contingent upon the liens being satisfied with the Surplus funds? If so, would I have to reschedule the Quiet Title for a second court date after the liens are satisfied?Thank you,Rhonda
3/17/2018
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Rhonda, it is my understanding that their liens attach to the surplus funds. Therefore you can set your hearing to wipe their liens of the property. I recommend a bit of research on the issue. If correct, the judge will wipe the liens off the property regardless of the status of the surplus funds. That is your best argument.
Hope that helps!
Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer