FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

I’m buying a home in Florida. The roof is past its lifespan…

Customer Question
I’m buying a home in...
I’m buying a home in Florida. The roof is past its lifespan of 20 years and is at 23.
It is shingles.
The insurance company won’t insure this because of this issue.Is there any seal or anything that can be used to extend the life and have it pass insurance?Were there any laws that passed recently where this changed to not be able to get insurance if the roof is past it’s ‘life span’?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: FL Real Estate
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if there is some law that would require the insurance company to offer you insurance on this home?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s ok I figured it out. Thanks.

certainly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure how to close this and rate.

There is no reason to rate...I never provided you an answer. You can request a refund via customer service.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer