FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

I would like to make an appointment for Monday to show you a…

Customer Question
Hello, I would like...

Hello, I would like to make an appointment for Monday to show you a photo of my neighbors fence behind me, and to ask your advice. Code enforcement has gotten involved and offered to sit down with me and the neighbor to work something out. My neighbor has proposed that if I allow him to cut off what resemble dock pilings at about 30 inches high, he will move the top part to his side. I see that the definition for a prescriptive easement depends on me not knowingly giving him permission to place part of his sea wall and fence and pilings on my property, and I'm afraid that I will shoot myself in the foot by giving permission now. I can bring photos of the fence with me. I have ordered a survey but have not gotten the printed survey yet. Would you have any appointments available for Monday? Joseph ********, *** West ***** ***, Indialantic, FL (***) ***-****

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

A small town in Brevard County, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, unless Code Enforcement filed paper against my neighbor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only, that the whole thing got started because of an AT&T easement and my neighbor pulling the AT&T wires up out of the ground and stringing them through the fence.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Experienced Attorney replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Experienced Attorney

Yes, let's make the appointment for Monday. Please accept the phone request that I will send you after this message and let me know what time you would like me to call you in Florida. I have a link so that you can send me the pictures and we can discuss and plan a course of action.