FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

If I take care of the marketing aspects of an investment…

If I take care of...
If I take care of the marketing aspects of an investment fund with the following structure, do *I also* need a real-estate licence?- Fund manager is a licensed Florida real-estate salesperson- He works under a well-known brokerage.- Properties will be sourced and sold by his real estate company.
Answered in 4 days by:
3/14/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Hi Gina,Yes please: an answer would still be great.
Thanks!
JudgeLaw
JudgeLaw, Attorney/Hearing Officer

It sounds as if you are an investment manager in this, not a real estate broker or sales agent. So, if you are managing the investment fund and not receiving a commission on the sale of the real estate or performing other real estate brokerage services on behalf of the fund, you would not need a real estate license.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

JudgeLaw
JudgeLaw, Attorney/Hearing Officer
That describes it pretty well it seems to me.I'm just finding the investors in this scenario.Are you saying though that, if I were to find a few properties myself and sell those on to an investor, I would indeed need a real estate license please?
Hello again,
Not sure you saw this after I rated you?19 March 2018 11:35That describes it pretty well it seems to me.I'm just finding the investors in this scenario.Are you saying though that, if I were to find a few properties myself and sell those on to an investor, I would indeed need a real estate license please?

If you are selling your own property, as an owner, then you do not need a real estate license. If you are selling property for a commission on behalf of a third party then no real estate license is required.

Thank you for clarifying.

You are very welcome.