FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

What does it mean when a real estate salesperson's licence…

What does it mean when...
What does it mean when a real estate salesperson's licence is showing as 'inactive' on http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/ please? He is still 'in date' in that it does not expire for another 6 or 7 months.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Although I can't tell you what a specific person's notations mean, I can tell you what it generally means when the facts you shared are listed. That is that the real estate salesperson is not affiliated with a Broker at this time. In other words, to have an "active" license in Florida a salesperson must work through a Real Estate Company that has a Broker. They cannot just hang out their own shingle or work otherwise without the supervision of a licensed Broker.

So, if they are still "in date" it likely means that they are paid up and current on their education requirements, but they aren't attached to a real estate agency with a license broker and therefore cannot engage in selling real estate.

The only other possibility would be a suspension of some sort for a violation of licensing rules. However, that would be unusual.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Marsha411JD, Lawyer
That's really comprehensive & helpful, as always :-) Thank you!

You're very welcome.