FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

FL Real Estate

Florida Promissory note I was given, is it legit? Please…

Customer Question
Florida Promissory note I was...
Florida Promissory note I was given, is it legit ? Please advise as I need to know if this note can not be revolked or the person can get out of it through bankruptcy . Thank you for your time,
S
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: FL Real Estate
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

The note here is legitimate but they could file Chapter 7 and discharge the debt.Nothing in the note or the law prohibit them from filing Chapter 7.You would become a creditor under the bankruptcy here.It is unlikely you get paid pennies if anything if they file such a Chapter 7.If they don't file here you are able to sue in the event of default.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where would I go to see if this person as filed for bankruptcy in Florida ?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Search here

https://www.pacer.gov/findcase.html

And they have to provide notices to all creditors here too.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.Happy New Year too.

Ray, Lawyer