FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

Would it be conflict of interest plaintiff works civil

Customer Question
claims dept , judge doing...
would it be conflict of interest plaintiff works civil claims dept , judge doing hearing for real estate property?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could file a motion for recussal to try and get the judge removed here.I agree with you its a potential conflict, if you file such a motion ask for another judge to hear the motion.Usually there is a docket judge that can hear this.I think you want to raise this as an issue and see what ruling you get.

Reference

http://caught.net/prose/recusal.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays.