FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

I just entered into a rental lease for a home in Florida two…

Customer Question
I just entered into a...
I just entered into a rental lease for a home in Florida two days ago. I paid approximately $11k for first last and security and associated fees to the association. I have not moved in yet and just turned on the water yesterday. Unfortunately, I received news that my job will be in jeopardy last night. I need to know how I can break this lease and not be held to pay for the remainder of the 1 year agreement.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
10/5/2017
Lawyer: JudgeLaw, Attorney/Hearing Officer replied 7 months ago
JudgeLaw
JudgeLaw, Attorney/Hearing Officer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
Does your lease contain any provision allowing for early termination?
Is there any provision in the lease limiting damages formearly termination?
Marsha411JD, Lawyer