FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

Am i going to get a violation for not mowing the lawn in the…

Customer Question
Am i going to get...
Am i going to get a violation for not mowing the lawn in the backyard and having weeds for a season? I am interviewing the right handyman/gardener that can also help me with a few things as i am taking care of my elderly parents full time. i live in Long island. my front yard has zoiysa and the landscaper that wants to do a full year contract said i don't need the lawn cut because Zoiysa does not grow.... i just need chemical fertilizer which i don't want because i have a backyard canal and want pesticide free options. so until i get one of those one time people i can trust, i have bigger fish to fry with my parents and managing their transition into dependant on me. Now i will get bothered about the boat on the lawn and the shed in the back... etc etc... i feel it is harrassment
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Attorney replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Normally a party is free to do with their property as they wish so long as:

1. it is not a nuisance

2. there is not a ordinance that imposes certain responsibilities

So if you check with the local zoning officials they can tell you whether the lawn needs cut; if there is a violation then the city may fine daily.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

I just called . It's 8 inches so I've got weeds but have been trying to find a person to kill the weeds and be a go to handyman person for various other responsibilities. But it's creepy and a legit landscaper wants a contract for monthly chemical weed killing which I don't need. I do have an old shed to move unless I get permission from my neighbor if it's ok ? And a boat and deck but waiting on rental income for that .

You would need to check with the zoning officials to determine if any local zoning/ordinances are being violated.

I did call and they said 8 inches is the rule for grass
I just want to hire someone specifically to treat weeds with natural methods and i found someone but i have to show him how and don't have time yet as i am full time caregiver. He is a good guy and i want to give him work because he has a hearing problem and is eager to work. But i am still getting to see how he works with other things so i need a little time. What will the process be of my getting a violation. I can surely show the code enforcement the text message with the landscaper who did not want to do the work because i have zoiyza grass

Unfortunately if there is a violation the city need not provide additional time;once the violation is logged, then the city can impose daily fines. A specific officer may not issue a citation but that varies by particular officer so it would be difficult to determine.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Attorney