FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

I own a condo in Florida which is under the state of

Customer Question
I own a condo...

I own a condo in Florida which is under the state of emergency due to hurriciane IRMA. We had it boarded up because the HOA threw out the shutters due to rot and never replaced. The HOA president has been at unit and told us to take it down

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida, St Peterburg Florida evacutaion area A. It is on the water

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

SHe just called me in Bufflao and screamed at me to get them down or she would have someone do it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are supposed to get get tomorrow

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
I am a US citizen. Did not realize this was a Canadian site
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert in the U.S. and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

Also, is there an HOA rule preventing the use of plywood in a situation such as this?