FL Real Estate

Florida Real Estate Questions? Ask a Real Estate Expert.

FL Real Estate

I have a property that has an easement by Florida DEP. So my

Customer Question
property shows that portion of...
I have a property that has an easement by Florida DEP. So my property shows that portion of land NOT actually owned by me. Florida DEP says they have no interest in the land and are not interested in going any farther to help me. HERE IS WHAT I NEED... I need wording in my title deed including that old "once easement" as belonging to the property.I have seen wording in our properties close by, but they did not change the title wording was just always included.
How do I change the title/deed?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: FL Real Estate
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago
Rachael Fuller

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who specializes in real estate and family law. The information that will be provided is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

Please give me a moment to review your question.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

An easement generally terminates by agreement- that's the best way to terminate. Do you know what the easement was being used for?

Our subdivision was created in 1926, a peninsula surrounded by the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. When the subdivision started there were no seawalls, just a beach. Than Florida EPA put in seawalls, so that land from the seawall inward beach 20 feet has the easement. Florida EPA says they have no interest but won't go any farther.
Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

So is there no longer a need for a sea wall?

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

You are going to have to retain an attorney to write a letter to the EPA legal department regarding the easement. An easement does not mean that you do not own the land- it's basically just so that they can have access to maintain the seawall.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

You will need to terminate the easement by agreement and then record the agreement. I believe that you will need to contact an attorney to draft the agreement.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE STARS!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate me with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow any up questions, please reply with SEND before or after rating and we can chat until you are satisfied. I am here to help!

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. It’s necessary to be honest with you and sometimes this can mean providing information that is not positive. Negative ratings are reserved for rudeness or providing wrong information.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

I can send you a sample agreement that is specific to Florida if you would like.

Sure send me a sample thx.
Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

http://www.palmbeach.k12.fl.us/Attachments/020070418163617!RE-1%2003-OOO%20High%20-%20Easement%20Termination.pdf

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 3 months ago

Thanks , rating now.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer