How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FLRealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
FLRealEstateAnswer, Attorney
Category: FL Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 28366
Experience:  Experience handling landlord/tenant issues, mortgage foreclosures, eviction, purchase and sale agreements
Type Your FL Real Estate Question Here...
FLRealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Florida, I am a landlord and I lost a small claims case

Customer Question

In Florida, I am a landlord and I lost a small claims case for under $5k in damages. If I don't pay, can the court garnish my wages or put a lien on my bank account and force the bank to release the funds?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon. If you do not pay the judgment, then the other party could go after you to satisfy the judgment. Florida does allow garnishment, so they could go after your bank account and other assets and could place a lien on your home, to secure the judgment. The court is just not going to do this on their own and would have to be brought about by the party to satisfy the judgment.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!