Exercise Equipment

I have a pro form Treadmill 585 that hasn’t been used in a…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** have a pro form Treadmill 585 that hasn’t been used in a few years. It is missing the flat part that plugs in while you are using it. Is there any way to make it work without the device or can it be ordered?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Hi my name is***** have a proforrm treadmill 585 that has not been in use for some time. The flat part that you insert when in use is missing. Is there a way to make the machine work without this device or can I order one?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your PRO-9000? What have you tried so far?

It won’t work without the piece.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

It is a 585 tl

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/10/2019
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 4 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
No way to use it without the safety key, but you can order one from www fitnessrepairparts.comPlease rate me using the stars at the top or bottom of the page. That's the only way I can get credit for your question. Thanks
I understood that the charge was$5. I was charged that plus $39????
I have nothing to do with billing. Contact customer service. I also understood it to be $5I wont call because they will charge you more.
OMG. Who do I contact? I agreed to a $5 charge. Not $40.
Contact customer service.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Golds gym airstride plus trainer 480 treadmill, 5 years old,
Golds gym airstride plus trainer 480 treadmill, 5 years old, hasn't been used in a few years. The screen has power, but buttons don't respond except occasionally the workout select button. My husband … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
I just purchased a profit cst 505. Took 2 hours to assemble.
I just purchased a profit cst 505. Took 2 hours to assemble. Activated on if it.com and machine display won't budge … read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
My treadmill Model # 831.24813.0 120 V60 H213A. Pro-form
Pro-form Cross Walk which I got at Sears about 2000 purchased I need to check if I can order a part … read more
Stephen FS
Stephen FS
Owner of an Electronics Repair Shop,
Stop searching for answers—
Trying to troubleshoot proform 730CS Model Number:
trying to troubleshoot proform 730CS Model Number:###-##-####… read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
Pro Form Pro 2000 treadmill, when clients are running the
Pro Form Pro 2000 treadmill, when clients are running the machine sounds like they are pounding through the treadmill. The treadmill sounds like it has no shocks to absorb the forces it receives from … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
The safety key won't stay in place on my treadmill. Appears
Hi, the safety key won't stay in place on my treadmill. Appears to still be magnetized because it will clip to anything else metal on the treadmill … read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a 10 year-old Pro-Form 20.0 cross trainer elliptical.
I have a 10 year-old Pro-Form 20.0 cross trainer elliptical. I need to get a replacement battery cover, but it seems to be mission impossible. When I called, I was told to register my product, but it … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
My Pro-form 580 SI treadmill suddenlly picks up speed and is
My Pro-form 580 SI treadmill suddenlly picks up speed and is going as fast as possible. Even pulling the key, it will keep on going. It will then go back to the correct speed and will once again go fu… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Have Pro-Form Crosswalk-Fit 415 treadmill bought 3/2016 from
Have Pro-Form Crosswalk-Fit 415 treadmill bought 3/2016 from Sears. They have no service rep in area. Live in Sequim, WA. Have 80 y/o husband just week back from open heart surgery. Doc wants him walk… read more
Calibration and Repair Center Supervisor,
I have a pro form treadmill that must of shorted a board or
Hello there I have a pro form treadmill that must of shorted a board or motor can you help. I was using the machine when something happened it's speed went very fast and the safety key wouldn't shut i… read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
I have a very old Proform Treadmill 585 TL Model PFTL 4206
I have a very old Proform Treadmill 585 TL Model PFTL 4206 and am trying to replace the walking belt. The Proform Support online video has got me started but I am unable to figure how to remove the fr… read more
Senior Engineer,
I have a TC202 model. Recently, after about 20 minutes of
I have a TC202 model. Recently, after about 20 minutes of operation, the track starts to hesitate, n … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Pro-Form mod. # 831297231 treadmill where can I get
I have a Pro-Form mod. ####-##-####treadmill where can I get a schematic for it … read more
Senior Engineer,
I have a Pro-form 725TL treadmill, which still works
I have a Pro-form 725TL treadmill, which still works beautifully. I recently moved and when I went to use the TM just now discovered that the headband pulse sensor must have been lost in the move. I l… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
I have a pro-form 585 TL low profile treadmill space saver
I have a pro-form 585 TL low profile treadmill space saver Model #(###) ###-####and I do not have a manual anylonger. I need a new belt for this item. I did purchase one years ago from Sears but I no … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
I have a Pro-Form treadmill. When I start it up,usually at
I have a Pro-Form treadmill. When I start it up,usually at level 3, the speed soon accelerates to level 6-7+ without me touching or making any changes. What could be the problem? The treadmill has bee… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Hi! The key to my 585 Pro-Form Accurate treadmill doesnt
Hi! The key to my 585 Pro-Form Accurate treadmill doesn't work; doesn't seem to fit properly anymore. Is it a key problem (is the key replacable)? Or is this a bigger issue? Any advice is appreciated!… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
I have a Pro-Form 725si, Serial # G52137224, Model No. PFTL72560.
I have a Pro-Form 725si, Serial #: G52137224, Model No. PFTL72560. It began running intermittently. We thought maybe the belt was slipping. I took the bottom cover off, cleaned out any dirt and dust w… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,