Exercise Equipment

The treadmill is not running smoothly. Pro-Form e35s. 2

Customer Question
The treadmill is not...

The treadmill is not running smoothly

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro-Form e35s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

2... Read full answer

The treadmill is not running smoothly

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro-Form e35s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

2 weeks - nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/6/2019
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 4 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Is it slipping?
take nail polish or paint and place a mark starting on the front roller pulley and going onto the front roller metal shaft
* then try to walk on it and see if the white mark separates
* if it does then the roller is bad and would need replaced or tap screws placed through the pulley into the metal shaft to hold it in place
* if it doesn't separate then the drive belt is slipping and most likely will need replaced, although you could try spraying belt dressing on it to see if that would be a temporary fix.
* if neither of these is your problem and the walk belt is slipping then you will need to try to adjust the screws in the back of the treadmill through the end caps. these are allen wrench screws.
Tighten each one the same amount such as 1 full turn to start with.
see if you can now walk without it slipping.
If not then tighten 1-2 more turn on both sides.
If after 2-3 full turns it is not tight enough
I would recommend replacing the walk belt.Hopefully this helps with your problem!
Please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top or bottom of the page. That's the only way I can get credit for your question. Thanks
Did you figure it out?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My 8.5 pro-form treadmill has power but when i press any
My 8.5 pro-form treadmill has power but when i press any button on the panel (face) i get 4 fast beeps and nothing happens … read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Pro Form Pro 2000 treadmill, when clients are running the
Pro Form Pro 2000 treadmill, when clients are running the machine sounds like they are pounding through the treadmill. The treadmill sounds like it has no shocks to absorb the forces it receives from … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
RRO-FORM Front Runner treadmill: It lights up when the key
RRO-FORM Front Runner treadmill: It lights up when the key is inserted. Everything will light-up, but the speed cones on at 1.0 and it will not adjust nore will the stop or start button work. I need a… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Pro-Form treadmill walking belt that needs to be
I have a Pro-Form treadmill walking belt that needs to be repaired. The cost of the belt is approx $140. How much would the labor be approximately for this job? … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
I have a Pro-Form treadmill and it stopped working. Pro-Form
I have a Pro-Form treadmill and it stopped working. … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
My treadmill is not working properly. It comes on and lights
HI! My treadmill is not working properly. It comes on and lights up but when I push any buttons, nothing happens. I am not sure how to make it work. I've restarted it and also unplugged it. Thanks in … read more
AAS Information Technology
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Paid a service tech to come out and repair our pro form
Paid a service tech to come out and repair our pro form c1050 treadmill last week. He adjusted the belt and tightened the motor. Told me to get lubricant, which we did. Tried it today, and it is still… read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
My treadmill runs fine without me on it but when I step on
My treadmill runs fine without me on it but when I step on it starts and stops … read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
,I have a Pro-form 620 that I bought in 2001. It has
Hi, I have a Pro-form 620 that I bought in 2001. It has run perfectly well until very recently, The last few times I used the treadmill, it stopped suddenly without any warning. I assumed that it migh… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
my pro-form 600 LT walking belt will not run. The rest of
my pro-form 600 LT walking belt will not run. The rest of the console comes on when power is turned on....the incline works as well....just the belt will not run. Any suggestions??? It acts like it wa… read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
I have a Pro Form Crosswalk 415 treadmill. Model 831.24723.4.
I have a Pro Form Crosswalk 415 treadmill. Model 831.24723.4. It runs for about 5 minutes then shuts down. Any ideas on how to fix?… read more
Senior Engineer,
I have a Pro-Form XP 550S treadmill. When the treadmill is
I have a Pro-Form XP 550S treadmill. When the treadmill is started it will run for about a half second then shut itself down. It appears to restart itself if nothing is done it will power up and appea… read more
J.T.
J.T.
Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Pro form treadmill was plugged in with the on button
Pro form treadmill was plugged in with the on button pressed. I heard a crack like a fuse blew on the treadmill. It will not start. It is so new, I really would like it running. Can it be repaired, fu… read more
Stevebuckley2
Stevebuckley2
Our pro form 520x treadmill is stopping for no apparent reason
Our pro form 520x treadmill is stopping for no apparent reason after about10 to 15 minutes of use. Then it will not "run" again for 15 minurtes or so. Any suggestions?… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
I purchased a Pro-Form 605 CS 2 weeks ago from Sprts Authority
I purchased a Pro-Form 605 CS 2 weeks ago from Sprts Authority in Crystal Lake, IL. I assembled it last week and it seemed to run fine with the exception of a slight "banging" noise when it rotates, b… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
I have a Pro Form 995 SEL treadmill. The other I stopped in
I have a Pro Form 995 SEL treadmill. The other I stopped in the middle of a program with the incline up and pushed the incline button to make it go back down which it did.the next morning I put the pr… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Im trying to fix my 5 year old (but only about 150 hours)
I'm trying to fix my 5 year old (but only about 150 hours) Pro-Form 12.5 QM treadmill . It has been stored for 3 years and although it starts up no problem the belt 'jerks' and does not run smoothly w… read more
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
Technician,
Treadmill walking belt seems to run fine with no weight on
Treadmill walking belt seems to run fine with no weight on it -however when my 200 lbs step on it the belt runs irregularly (and before then there is a whining/screeching sound) . The machine is 2 yea… read more
Craig
Craig
Electrical Director,
Electrical Automation Technician