Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I spilled water on my treadmill that took out the computer…

Customer Question
I spilled water on...

I spilled water on my treadmill that took out the computer and motor. Due to its age it can’t be fixed with replacement parts made by the manufacturer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Lifefitness 8500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I called the company that sold it (Exercise

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Exercise Express which sells Lifefitness called to see if they could get replacement parts and was toldparts aren’t made for it any longer

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
5/27/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Lynda,

I can see the issue but I do not see a question. How can I help you?

Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi - this is Expert Russell H., working with JustAnswer.com. I hope I can help you with the obvious issue of your question: the lack (or not?) of such replacement parts for your treadmill.

If the parts are no longer available from the manufacturer would another motor of same size be able to be fitted so the treadmill will work?

Thank you for responding - this will take some research. Please give me at least 1/2 hour. Thanks.

The motor was only used on two (closely related/similar) Treadmills, the model you have, and another model:

TR-5500 and TR-5500HRS

are the two models.

I think that your best hope is (given that the parts really are out of production and not available - I have looked for them, believe me) to get another treadmill to replace this one, and/or (if your budget does not allow that, or any other preference does not allow that) to look for a 'junked' or 'broken' one of those two models, that still has a motor working to be salvaged/taken from it to put in yours.

The console... is an expensive part to replace for sure. Usually about $400... given that the motor is needed, I have not looked for it much, but my advice is the same: perhaps a 'junked' model of those two models listed, might have a replacement for it that still works.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.