Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I recently moved my schwinn excerise bike to clean and now…

Customer Question
I recently moved my...

I recently moved my schwinn excerise bike to clean and now it wont go on. the power plug works. is there areset button

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your Schwinn equipment?

After I moved it back after cleaning the carpets

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

Never. I live in a smae rural community and the bike was bought in 2010. any hope ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Just hopeful it is something that I can fix

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 2 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Are you able to use a voltage meter?
We have one but what do I do with it
Set it to DC voltage, insert the black lead into the end of the power supply and touch the red lead to the outside chrome part. The power supply should be plugged in. If there is a reading it should be between 6-12 vdc. If there is no reading the power supply is bad. Let me know the result.
Ok my husband will check probably take a few minutes
K
the power supply seems fine
What was the voltage?
in the desired range
What is your model number?
model 202
Ok the power supply is the direct power source to the console therefore if there is not a broken wire in between, the console is bad. Unfortunately the console is no longer available. Sorry for the bad news.
ok thanks I was hoping. thank you we can still use the bike as a "bike"
V
Please take a moment to rate my service using the star method. That's the way just answer grades and compensates us.