Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Changed batteries in console. I have the panel now but

Customer Question
Changed batteries in console...

Changed batteries in console. I have the panel now but doesn’t register anything when you start exercise

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Hybrid trainer model PFEL03815.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Hybrid Trainer? What have you tried so far?

About a few days. I changed batteries today. I have display but no movement

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
4/2/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 19 days ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your elliptical.Check the reed sensor also known as the speed sensor. It is located near the flywheel. It is mounted to the frame and looks like a small black tube with a wire attached to it. What you need to do is to check if it is good by using an ohm meter.1. Unplug the reed sensor,
2. Place the red and black leads on the two wires
3. turn the flywheel so that the magnet (should be mounted on the flywheel)passes by the sensor(make sure the sensor is only 1/8" away)
4. the meter should show the sensor opening and closing if it does not recheck the gap from the magnet and if it is good, replace the reed switch.
5. The other possibility is the magnet fell off the flywheel and in this case you will need to superglue it back in place.Thank you for your question and I hope this helps.
We work on the honor system here. I do not get compensated until you rate my service, so your rating is greatly appreciated. You can rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. Thanks for allowing me to answer your question.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
That did work. No tube or magnet was seen
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 18 days ago
It is part #60 at this linkhttps://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/diagram/51229
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician