Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have an E1 error code appear. the Tr 2000 hr turns on

Customer Question
I have an E1...

I have an E1 error code appear. the Tr 2000 hr turns on w/quick start, the leveler runs for 5 seconds and stops causing E1. Usually there is a clicking noise in the motor area. What's your guess? Stan

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

No, I believe it goes to P1.

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

Just bought it used and it worked when the guy showed me but ran less than a minute when I got home. I lubed the track and cleaned around motor. no loose connections. Looks in good shape.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Thought I notices a slight dim in house lights when clicking was heard.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/28/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 3 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Was the machine taken apart during the move?
No, moved az one piece.
OK, then you need a new Motor control board it was bumped a Little too hard during the move.
Fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com for Parts.
Very easy to replace, just unplug from the wall, unplug all the wires from the board, swap out the board and re install wires.
What is estmated cost
It depends on the brand and model. You will have to enter that into those websites. Usually 200-500 depending on age and model
That is more than i paid for it. Is there a way to bypass and still run?
No that's the brain of the machine. It's the most common part that fails
well, I am googling other options. when an engine fails on a car, you junk it. that's what appears to have to happen to this one. there should be a way to isolate the problem without replacing the whole "engine".
If you are talking cars, then this is your "ecu " it needs to be replaced for it to work.
Your turning the key, but the engine has no idea to start