Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

We have an EPIC view 550 model EPTL09706.0. We recently

Customer Question
moved it from another house...
We have an EPIC view 550 model EPTL09706.0. We recently moved it from another house and the wiring harness got pinched and some of the wires were damaged. The unit would turn on but nothing would work. I taped the damaged wires that I could see and got everything back up and running except for the feed to the screen. The screen lights up, but no information appears like it did before regarding the speed, elevation and programming. It's just a bright blank white. I looked for more damage to the wires, but could not find anything. Is there a way to test the harness wires and / or the control board to determine where the problem is?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/26/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 3 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
If the controller is lit up and the console is dead you will need to check for continuity in the harness between the controller and the console. Check for power into the console from the controller. It should be around 9-12 vdc and that is usually read between the red and black wires in the harness with the safety key on. If it has voltage in and doesn't light check the safety switch for proper operation. If it is ok replace the console.If there is no voltage into the console double check the wiring and possible loose connections, then if nothing is found replace the controller.