Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My treadmill starts up for 3 seconds and shuts down. PRO…

Customer Question
My treadmill starts up...

My treadmill starts up for 3 seconds and shuts down.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

PRO FORM 730

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

IT'S very recent and I've tried different variations of programs stars and stops and intensity adjustments. Basicly I've tried every combination of starting I could think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/24/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. How old is your treadmill? Are there any strange noises or smells coming from it?

I'm not sure of the age of the treadmill and there aren't any noticeable nosies or smells. I do store in inside my garage.

OK, stand on the ground beside it and try to start it. Does it work normally that way?

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

Looking forward to you're response.
My computer is at another location in the house. I need to speak to you on the phone.
Please call me as soon as you can. I'll be standing by for you call.
How soon do you think you'll be able to call me? Can you give me an idea?

I am not available by phone. Stand on the ground beside it and try to start it. Does it work normally that way?

it starts, but doesn't continue, after 3 seconds.

OK, thanks. Have you ever lubricated the walking belt?

No.

OK. That is the most probable cause. You should lubricate the belt & deck every 6 months, or when the belt feels sluggish. It's very easy and inexpensive. Friction builds up very quickly, just a couple seconds. That's what is causing the shut down. You can get lubricant >>here<< and follow the instructions >>here<<.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll attempt to lubricate the belt and deck and hopefully, it works.

It should. If it doesn't, just let me know and we'll talk about other things. Not worth going deeper at this point, until we know the lubrication has been applied.

Dan I'm eager to start the lubrication, however I'd appreciate knowing, where I can go close to home to purchase it, rather than ordering it by mail, which is time consuming. Please advise.

Hey, sorry for my delay in responding. It was dinner time here. There aren't many places you can purchase that sort of thing, but sometimes a sporting goods store like Dick's or Sports Authority will have it. Anyone who sells treadmills. Sears, also.