Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Noirditrack. Resetting it using the reset button. That'sit…

Noirditrack Technician's Assistant: How...

Noirditrack

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your NordicTrack? What have you tried so far?

Resetting it using the reset button

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that'sit

3/24/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Is this a treadmill? Is it dead?
No. It runs fast when it starts then shuts off in a couple of seconds
Unplug the treadmill from the wall.2) Remove the motor hood.3)Check and see if your controller has three speed wires labeled H, W, and L or a unified wiring harness labeled H, W, and L from the console. If not, you have a digital controller and full speed upon power up is always a failed controller. No need for further testing, you need to replace the controller.4) Unplug the speed wires from the controller. On many controllers, you will have 2 to 3 wires that control speed and many are labeled H, W, and L.5) Return the treadmill to a usable position once the speed wires are disconnected and plug the treadmill back in.6) If the treadmill begins to run at full speed, the motor control has failed and requires replacement.6) If the treadmill does not run at full speed you could have a speed input problem, wiring problem, or another short circuit. Let me know if this is the case.
About how much do you think it'll cost to replace the controller? I just need to know whether I should invest in a used model
The controller is around $150
Ouch. Might not be worth it replacing it
Tough call but if you can find a used one it may be worth it.
We work on the honor system here. I do not get compensated until you rate my service, so your rating is greatly appreciated. You can rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. Thanks for allowing me to answer your question
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Thank you for your time
I hope it works out for you.