Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I would like to program a different time in the individual…

I would like to...

I would like to program a different time in the individual programs for my exercise. It currently comes with a 20 min/30 min/45 min program....I would like to change those times....HOW ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro-Form XP 70...and I like it so far...but must 'manually' change the times and resistances

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

I just started using it a week ago. I have only tried pressing all the buttons and seeing which numbers blink or change. I can get the resistance to change by pressing the + or - then "set"....but in the individual programs I'd like to learn how to "pre-set" them to meet my requirements for training.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Oh.....I thought YOU were the Expert....No, just exactly what I asked you...reprogram the times and resistances "per program" so I can ride withour pressing buttons or watching the clock on the console. Thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** unfortunately these preset programs can't be changed. They are built into the software of the console. There is no reprogramming the built in software. You can go on ifit.com to use other programs. Here is a link to the instructions for your console.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/134987/Proform-831-215010.html?page=10#manual
Thanks Jim...I kinda figured that would be the response. I am a contractor and build homes for a living...and I'm not naive about correcting and repairing manufactured items.....it seems in my field we do that to everything from wiring, to bathrooms installs, to kitchens....however I 'thought' there might be a simple answer that I'd overlooked via the vague written instructions. Thanks for your advice and direction...much appreciated ! Dan

no problem!

If you could please rate my service using the stars with 5 being the best. This is the only way I can get credit for your question. Thanks!
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician