Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

It doesn't come on anymore .We've had it for about six

It doesn't come on...

It doesn't come on anymore .We've had it for about six years.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

It's more of a motor problem. The screen display is fine.

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

About two years in, a technician had to do work on the motor. It had something to do with the belt.

3/22/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
What is the manufacturer and model number?
Gold's Gym GG480 Air Stride Plus Cushioning.
I am assuming the belt is not running at all when i am answering this question. First check all connections from the console to the motor control board under the motor hood. Make sure there aren't any broken wires, not fully plugged in connections, bent pins in the connectors, etc. You can also use a meter to test for continuity across the full length of the wires to save time. Then do the following after that:1. check for 120 volts to your motor controller and from the controller to the console should be 9-12 vdc Usually the red and black wires in the harness.
2. check for dc voltage from controller to motor should be 80-90 vdc volts when start/run is pressed
3. if no voltage out - controller is bad
4. if no voltage into controller - check for bad on/off switch or breaker, test outlet and check wiring.
5. if there is dc voltage to the motor, test the motor by doing the following:# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slightly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replaced

Have you been able to do the tests?

Will test this evening. Working right now. Thanks for the info.
Ok
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician