Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a nautilis t616 and everything comes on like it

I have a nautilis...

I have a nautilis t616 and everything comes on like it should. However, when I push start the motor doesn't come on and the incline doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your T616? What have you tried so far?

I've tried unplugging it. I've shut it off. That's about it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi you need a new Motor control board. Easy fix
Fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com for Parts.
You just need a screwdriver to remove the front motor cover then you will see the circuit board you just unplug all of the wires from the circuit board remove the board and then install the new board in the reverse order just make sure it's unplugged from the wall.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are pretty certain that it is the motor control board?
If the console Powers up and everything's working up top then that's the only other part that could be bad very common repair
I assumed it was working fine prior to this?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought it used from an auction website. So I don't know anything else about it. Sorry. I will try the control board and go from there
That stinks I would just try to get my money back then.
That's an older treadmill and if you don't know the history of it then you could have a lot of other issues.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I knew I was taking a risk buying it. It's a decent treadmill and I got it cheap. Figured I could throw some money into it if it didn't work.
Yeah they don't even make those treadmills anymore so it may not be cost-effective to spend any money on it
Check your belt and deck to see how it looks flip up the bottom side of the walking belt and look at the underside and see what color it is if it's bright white like a sheet of paper then it's in pretty good shape but if it looks dirty and gray or black then it's it's definitely worn out and that's what burnt out your motor control board
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will take that into consideration. I'll replace the control board and see if that works. It is all white..looks like no use. The website I got it from is like a returns auction site. Like someone bought it off Amazon got it, it didn't work so they returned it. Then this auction site sells it and I as the buyer take a risk
Gotcha. You can also test the drive motor with a cordless drill battery just make sure it's fully charged to take the two wires off the battery and touch each one to a positive and negative terminal on the battery so you're basically jump starting the drive motor and it should turn slowly and at least that'll tell you if the motor is good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will try that as well. That'll let me know if I want to replace the control board as well. Is there a way to test the incline motor as well?
You can do the same with the wires for the incline motor but they'll be up wire a down wire and then a ground
If you have little alligator clips with wires that makes it a lot easier little jumper wires
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alright awesome. I've got a good starting point now. I'll try the above before ordering the control board. You've been awesome
No problem. Please rate my answer thanks!
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do. Thank you!
J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician