Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My nordic track 1750 incline is stuck. i reset it.

Customer Question
My nordic track...

My nordic track 1750 incline is stuck. i reset it. unplugged. recalibrate and nothing works

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Nordic track 1750. 2016 model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Was able to fix about 30 days ago. but just started again today. fixed before by turning off and doing factory reset. not helping now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/21/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 3 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Sometimes incline motors will get frozen in position and need broke free. Try this:
take the motor cover off and take the screw out of the bottom of the incline motor that is attached to the screw assembly. Once you remove the screw you should be able to break the incline motor free. run the incline up and down with the screw still off( laying the treadmill on its side may make this easier). Once it goes up and down (hold the screw so it goes in and out) reattach it then run the calibration described below. If it was just stuck it should work fine.1. remove safety key
2. press and hold the speed+ and stop keys at the same time
3. Put the safety key in/on and release the keys
4. press stop once
5. hit the incline + arrow and let the incline go the whole way up and down
6. remove safety key and tryIf these instructions do not work to fix the incline motor
check your main harness running down the right leg for breaks in the wires or a loose connection if nothings found you can switch the red and black wires on the incline motor terminal block and see if it goes down. If it does you know you are only getting voltage to one side of the motor. There is a schematic under the motor hood that tells you what the voltage should be when you press the up or down keys. Use a multi-meter to see if you are getting the correct voltage coming from the console to the motor control board and then from the board to the motor. If no voltage from console-replace console if you have voltage from console but not from board - replace board and finally if you have voltage from console and from board replace motor. You will need to test the voltage both when pressing the up key and the down key.