Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

When I was transporting my brand new treadmill in the back…

Customer Question
When I was transporting...

When I was transporting my brand new treadmill in the back of a truck it started to rain and got wet. It won’t work at all. Is it ruined now?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Nordic Trac 7750 Elite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Just occurred today. Tried pulling it in and out, used hair dryer for a bit...it worked when I first turned it on for a few minutes but then the buttons stopped working and then it just shut down completely

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I just bought it today so hoping you can help!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Will I get an answer?
3/20/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 4 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
I would try the following.
Test for voltage going to the treadmill, if there is no power going to the treadmill then check the fuse or breaker in your house. If you already checked the house fuse/breaker then try this.first thing is check for any loose connections or bad wiring and then follow the steps below to try and determine what is wrong with your treadmill.* Make sure the safety key is inserted or mounted securely on the console.* Check the breaker on your treadmill it can be combined with the on/off switch or it can be a separate breaker. Make sure it is not open.* If that tests ok, check to see if your getting power to the motor controller(electronic board under the hood) this can be done by following the power cord in and testing where they attach, if you are getting 120/240 volts then check the light(s) on the controller If they are not lit then the controller is bad.* If they are lit you will need to check the dc voltage going to the motor* Also make sure you have voltage going to the console
if you have 8-12 vdc voltage to the console and the console is dead replace the upper control board.* If only one or none of these voltages are present then the controller is bad.* If your treadmill is equipped with a separate power board then you will need to take voltage readings going in and coming out from the board If nothing is present then the power board is bad. If all tests well move on to the controller.* some motor controllers are equipped with a fuse on it, if this is blown the console will not light as well.* Hopefully it is just a breaker.
We work on the honor system here. I do not get compensated until you rate my service, so your rating is greatly appreciated. You can rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. Thanks for allowing me to answer your question.