Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

We have a Spirit SR225 treadmill. The motor was shutting off…

We have a Spirit SR225...
We have a Spirit SR225 treadmill. The motor was shutting off during a workout. I lubed the deck with 100 % silicon deck lube.
It seems to be fine. But its now showing its age. During a workout it will show PF on the incline and is non responsive to any user changes.
Is it time to replace our 20 year old treadmill?
Or can I replace a few parts to make it last a bit longer?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi most treadmill last 8 to 10 years so 20 years is a good run can you fix it yes? is it going to be cost-effective? most likely not.
Have you ever replaced any parts on the machine?
No, all parts are original. But Im pretty handy and can fix most things myself. I just need to know which parts are suspect or the cause and if available decide if its worth the cost and effort.
Well it was shutting off during you said means there's too much friction which is causing the motor and controller to overheat so to do it right you would have to replace the motor controller belt and deck
Use*
Do you know if these parts are available and their cost?
Check fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com. You will need to put in model and serial number
Ok likes like its time for a new one. Thx for your help.
Yea, usually anything over 10 years. You def got your moneys worth from that one. For your replacement machine. Be sure to lube every 40 hours.
Please rate my answer, thanks!
Ok will do thanks
No problem.
J.T.
J.T., Technician