Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Attempts to turn on and then shows an err 3. 3 years ago. No…

Customer Question
Attempts to turn on...

Attempts to turn on and then shows an err 3

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No itvwas working fine until this happened

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 1 month ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician

what is the model number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Q45E
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Octane fitness Q45E

This is a brake servo error and you will need to check the following.

Is the brake cable seated properly in the slot on the brake? Make any necessary adjustments.
Is the brake cable cracked or broken? If so, replace it with a new brake cable.
Are you able to manually move the brake? Do the shoes move freely? Adjust as necessary.

If none of this corrects the issue replace the servo part #100449-001

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything moves normally , and I don’t know what a brake cable is. Nothing is loose inside and belts are on pulley

You can obtain the servo if needed from here.

T​here is a cable that goes to an internal flywheel that adjusts the tension on the unit. Your error is saying the brake is staying on to long. the servo motor looks to be blue in color.

I​f you are not able to repair this yourself you can go to treadmilldoctor.com to locate a repair person near you.

P​lease remember to rate me because that is the only way I can get credit for my answer. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. If you need anything else feel free to contact me or in the future request me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also on the right stepper, it’s loose and swings from side to side. Inside the housing , there’s a small piece of plastic that the stepper boots on and it’s cracked, would you know what part that is ?
If you go on fitnessrepairparts.com you can look at a blowup diagram you should be able to see the broken piece on there.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician