Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I was jogging on my Proform 775 CT and the treadmill part…

I was jogging on...

I was jogging on my Proform 775 CT and the treadmill part just quit . Wondering if there is a fuse or something simple like that

Technician's Assistant: What ProForm model do you have?

775 ct

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ProForm? What have you tried so far?

First time .....nothing yet

3/17/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** your having an issue with your treadmill. The following steps are what I use to determine what is wrong when a treadmill goes dead.Test for voltage going to the treadmill, if there is no power going to the treadmill then check the fuse or breaker in your house. If you already checked the house fuse/breaker then try this.first thing is check for any loose connections or bad wiring and then follow the steps below to try and determine what is wrong with your treadmill.* Make sure the safety key is inserted or mounted securely on the console.* Check the breaker on your treadmill it can be combined with the on/off switch or it can be a separate breaker. Make sure it is not open.* If that tests ok, check to see if your getting power to the motor controller(electronic board under the hood) this can be done by following the power cord in and testing where they attach, if you are getting 120/240 volts then check the light(s) on the controller If they are not lit then the controller is bad.* If they are lit you will need to check the dc voltage going to the motor* Also make sure you have voltage going to the console
if you have 8-12 vdc voltage to the console and the console is dead replace the upper control board.* If only one or none of these voltages are present then the controller is bad.* If your treadmill is equipped with a separate power board then you will need to take voltage readings going in and coming out from the board If nothing is present then the power board is bad. If all tests well move on to the controller.* some motor controllers are equipped with a fuse on it, if this is blown the console will not light as well.* Hopefully it is just a breaker.* Make sure you are lubricating your treadmill as well on a regular basis. Too much friction can wear out electronic parts and reduce the life of your treadmill. Use the appropriate lubricant recommended for your specific model and never use an extension cord.Thank you for the question and please feel free to contact me again with any questions or problems you may have
Can you tell me where the breaker on the treadmill is?
It can be a part of the on off switch by where the cord goes in or it will be next to the cord as a separate piece. If separate it will look like this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz8xkfcaxu1lnya/breaker.jpg?dl=0
It wasn't the breaker/on off switch. It's getting power to the console and the incline works . Treadmill moves freely by hand. Just no power to it
You will need to test the motor by doing the following.# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slowly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replaced
Please remember to rate my answer because that is the only way I get credit for it. Thank you!
Charging my 18v battery now and will see what happens. Thanks for the help and I will rate you.
Thanks
We're you able to test the motor?
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Teste the motor and got nothing. So guessing the motor is toasted. Thanks
No problem