Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

The tread will not run but all lights are on at the consol.

Customer Question
The tread will not...

The tread will not run but all lights are on at the consol

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

It is a Reebok R 5.80 model no RBTL07108.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your RBTL07108.0? What have you tried so far?

Whern it stopped last year, we looked underneath to see if we could fix it. It hasn't been tried since then

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/17/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 5 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** your having an issue with your treadmill. Here are the steps I use to diagnose the issue you are having.First check all connections from the console to the motor control board under the motor hood. Make sure there aren't any broken wires, not fully plugged in connections, bent pins in the connectors, etc. You can also use a meter to test for continuity across the full length of the wires to save time. Then do the following after that:1. check for 120 volts to your motor controller and from the controller to the console should be 9-12 vdc Usually the red and black wires in the harness.
2. check for dc voltage from controller to motor should be 80-90 vdc volts when start/run is pressed
3. if no voltage out - controller is bad
4. if no voltage into controller - check for bad on/off switch or breaker, test outlet and check wiring.
5. if there is dc voltage to the motor, test the motor by doing the following:# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slightly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replacedPlease don't forget to rate my answer because that is the only way I get credit for it. Thanks for trusting me and please come back if you have any further questions.