Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I’ve got a EV7000. When I start it it’s running at top

Customer Question
Hi there. I’ve got...

Hi there. I’ve got a EV7000. When I start it it’s running at top speed. No way to slow it down. Can you help please?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

It’s an Everlast Elite EV7000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Just happened. Used it two days ago and it was fine. Tried different programs and switching on/off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. Thanks!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 4 months ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Here is how I would determine what is wrong.1) Unplug the treadmill from the wall.2) Remove the motor hood.3)Check and see if your controller has three speed wires labeled H, W, and L or a unified wiring harness labeled H, W, and L from the console. If not, you have a digital controller and full speed upon power up is always a failed controller. No need for further testing, you need to replace the controller.4) Unplug the speed wires from the controller. On many controllers, you will have 2 to 3 wires that control speed and many are labeled H, W, and L.5) Return the treadmill to a usable position once the speed wires are disconnected and plug the treadmill back in.6) If the treadmill begins to run at full speed, the motor control has failed and requires replacement.6) If the treadmill does not run at full speed you could have a speed input problem, wiring problem, or another short circuit. Let me know if this is the case.If you want someone to look at it for you.
Contact one of these companies to repair your unit:www.expertfitnessuk.com
www.treadmillcentre.co.uk
www.treadmilldoctor.co.uk
www.nextdayfitness.co.ukPlease remember to rate my answer so I get credit for it.
Please don't forget to rate my answer because that is the only way I get credit for it. Thank you!
It looks like the red and white wires plugged in next to each other are the speed wires.
I’ve unplugged the red and white cables. The treadmill still switches on (the power button is lit) but the display is blank. Any ideas of next steps please? Thanks!
Then the motor control board is bad.