Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Someone accidently left it plugged in all night. Now it

Someone accidently left it...

Someone accidently left it plugged in all night. Now it comes on, but will not run.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

It's over 25 yrs old. It's too heavy for me to move and I can find no numbers where it is. It is an Horizon Fitness treadmill and has been working just fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your T101-04? What have you tried so far?

There's nothing to try except unpugging for a day and then plugging it back in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

How much does this cost me?

3/14/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
I am assuming the belt is not running at all when i am answering this question. First check all connections from the console to the motor control board under the motor hood. Make sure there aren't any broken wires, not fully plugged in connections, bent pins in the connectors, etc. You can also use a meter to test for continuity across the full length of the wires to save time. Then do the following after that:1. check for 120 volts to your motor controller and from the controller to the console should be 9-12 vdc Usually the red and black wires in the harness.
2. check for dc voltage from controller to motor should be 80-90 vdc volts when start/run is pressed
3. if no voltage out - controller is bad
4. if no voltage into controller - check for bad on/off switch or breaker, test outlet and check wiring.
5. if there is dc voltage to the motor, test the motor by doing the following:# get a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# attach the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# If the motor turns slightly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced
# if the motor is ok then your motor controller(the board with the metal) is malfunctioning and would need replaced.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Once you are satisfied please accept my answer and rate my service.
Ii'm 79 yrs old. There is no way I can get to the wiring because the Treadmill is too heavy for me to move. It is an Horizon Fitness TM.
Do you answer my reply?
Do I call an electrician to solve the problem?
that is probably best