Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My treadmill will start but will not get up to speed with me…

My treadmill will start...

My treadmill will start but will not get up to speed with me on it. It will run at high speed with no one on it. I checked both fuses on the lower board. They are good.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pace master proselect

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Just now. I took the safety covers off, ran unloaded at high speed and checked for heat at the bearings. They were ok. Both fuses on the circuit board are ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got a code 22 and once a code 24
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
A treadmill will shut down/slow down from to much friction which is due to high motor current because the walkbelt and deck are not properly lubricated. Take an amperage reading from the motor and if it is above 10-12 amps steadily I would recommend lubricating the deck first and retest if it still cuts out replace the walking deck and controller because the deck is worn out and it has weakened the controller beyond repair. Apply .5 oz of lubricant on the deck every 3-6 months or 100 hours of use. This will extend your treadmill's life many years.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I lube the deck? Do you mean the rollers?
Phone call session started
Please also accept my answer as this is the only way I get credit for it. If you need anything else please let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I lubed the deck according to your instructions but I get the same code. Still stops
This error 22 is a display error. You will need to check the fuse on the display board. If it is ok, replace the upper control board. Before replacing the upper control board remove and replace all the connections from the motor controller to the console. It also can be an error triggered from a bad connection.
Please remember to accept my answer and rate my service that is the only way I get credit for chatting with you.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician