Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a NT Elite 7700, love it, but i put it up in the

I have a NT...

I have a NT Elite 7700, love it, but i put it up in the storage position Thursday after my run and the screen went blank and it started raising the incline so I put it back down but can not get any response from the treadmiill screen or buttons and it raised to the highest incline and i finally unplugged it. I do believe we purchased the maintenance plan and service plan but cant find any info on that.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your equipment?

Right after my run when I put it up into the storage position it went blank amd now nothing

Technician's Assistant: When was it last serviced?

It has not been since we bought it in November.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

No not that I can think of.

3/12/2018
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
The treadmill is trying to calibrate itself. Allow it to incline fully and then it will decline by itself.after it declines it should be fine. If you interrupt it, the treadmill will malfunction.
Ok well I did interrupt it and now I get nothing so assuming it has malfunctioned. Can I get it reset? Or yearly maintenance on it so i can use it again....
Unplug it for 30 minutes, then plug it back in and it should calibrate itself.
Ok I will try that. I won't be home til late so let you know tomorrow if it works.
Thank you
OK sounds good.
Ok I plugged it back in and it has not reset, the screen is still off and it's still at highest incline
Test for voltage going to the treadmill, if there is no power going to the treadmill then check the fuse or breaker in your house. If you already checked the house fuse/breaker then try this.first thing is check for any loose connections or bad wiring and then follow the steps below to try and determine what is wrong with your treadmill.* Make sure the safety key is inserted or mounted securely on the console.* Check the breaker on your treadmill it can be combined with the on/off switch or it can be a separate breaker. Make sure it is not open.* If that tests ok, check to see if your getting power to the motor controller(electronic board under the hood) this can be done by following the power cord in and testing where they attach, if you are getting 120/240 volts then check the light(s) on the controller If they are not lit then the controller is bad.* If they are lit you will need to check the dc voltage going to the motor* Also make sure you have voltage going to the console
if you have 8-12 vdc voltage to the console and the console is dead replace the upper control board.* If only one or none of these voltages are present then the controller is bad.* If your treadmill is equipped with a separate power board then you will need to take voltage readings going in and coming out from the board If nothing is present then the power board is bad. If all tests well move on to the controller.* some motor controllers are equipped with a fuse on it, if this is blown the console will not light as well.* Hopefully it is just a breaker.* Make sure you are lubricating your treadmill as well on a regular basis. Too much friction can wear out electronic parts and reduce the life of your treadmill. Use the appropriate lubricant recommended for your specific model and never use an extension cord.Thank you for the question and please feel free to contact me again with any questions or problems you may have.
Please let me know if this helped and if it did please accept my answer and rate my service. Let me know what I can do to earn 5 stars.
Well I'm still working on it. I haven't gotten it to work yet. You have been helpful. Thank you
Once your satisfied please come back and accept my answer because that is the only way I get credit. Thanks again.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician