Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Have just purchased a used NordicTrack and moved it to my…

Have just purchased a...

Have just purchased a used NordicTrack and moved it to my home. In attempts to set it up, the speed display shows E21 error message.

Technician's Assistant: Is the error code still there after the machine is unplugged and restarted?

Don't believe I unplugged it but did pull the key out, waited a minute and then tried again with the same result.

Technician's Assistant: When was the NordicTrack last serviced?

Heck if I know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

The previous owners, personal friends, had no problem with it prior to my getting it. Could something need adjusting due to its being moved. It is a Nordictrack PowerTread 6.0

3/12/2018
rwhill1
rwhill1, Engineer

The E21 code is a speed sensor error. It's lilkely that the sensor or sensor magnet has been dislodged when the treadmill was moved. With the power disconnected, remove the motor cover and look for the speed sensor which is located close to the front roller and looks like a small black tube with a wire attached, it runs to the controller. The sensor should be about 1/8" from the magnet on the front roller. Verify the magnet is still present.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

rwhill1
rwhill1, Engineer
Thank you, ***** ***** try now.