Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Nordictrack E11.9T elliptical has resistance problems ever…

Customer Question
Nordictrack E11.9T elliptical has...

Nordictrack E11.9T elliptical has resistance problems ever since i bought it. Bought it second hand off a woman that never used it. Took the panel off and noticed that the resistance motor is clicking when it tries to adjust. It will move the magnet down trying to adjust it to a lower resistance and then move backwards and itll reset to the top resistance. So pretty much its stuck on the highest resistance. Thinking its a motor issue but asking if it may be something simple that i dont see

Technician's Assistant: When did you first hear this sound?

Didn't really hear it until I took the panel off

Technician's Assistant: When was the E11.9T last serviced?

Probably nevr never*

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/11/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do

How old is the machine?

Probably a couple years old...ive had it for a year and I think the lady that owned it before me had it for a year as well. It's been like this since I first bought it so I never use it...tired of looking at it without using it so I'm attempting to fix it

What is your zip code? I will need to locate a technician in your area to take a look at the machine