Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Nordictrack c950i belt not working motor making clicking…

Customer Question
Nordictrack c950i belt not...

Nordictrack c950i belt not working motor making clicking noise prior to the belt stopping. I removed the hood circuit board looks sound when moving belt there is an audbile click in the motor

Technician's Assistant: When did you first hear this sound?

While I was running on it. Then I had a couple of abrupt starts and stops but it would keep going kind of like running hard pause that caused my knees to jerk and then kept going. I didn't complete my run turned the machine off and now elevation works belt doesn't

Technician's Assistant: When was the C950I last serviced?

Its just over a year old and in a clean area with about twice a week useage or less. Didn't think it needed a tech

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/7/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 4 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Hi sounds like your Motor went bad which fried your Motor control board. You said it's a year old? Check your Warranty status, hopefully your still covered. How often do you lubricate it?
The elevation still works and the circuit board looks clean. Honestly it's used pretty lightly so not to much in the lubricate
You can't tell by looking at it. If your Motor was making noise and starting to be jerky that's a problem. When they Start to go bad they use more power which makes the circuit board work harder and Burns them out. Very common on those low end treadmills. They need to be lubed every 40 hours of use.