Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

The incline quit ... its at an incline of 10. Cannot use the…

The incline quit .....

The incline quit ... its at an incline of 10. Cannot use the incline calibration just hear a clicking

Technician's Assistant: When did you first hear this sound?

Middle of my work out, incline of 10 and was to go back to a 3 and it just clicked. Didn’t change

Technician's Assistant: When was the equipment last serviced?

I’ve had it 4 months .. so it hasn’t been serviced

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/25/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the make and model of this unit? Is it still warranted through the original purchase?

It’s a NordicTrack Elliptical Free Stride
NTEL 71313
Yes, it is still under warranty

OK. Have you already flipped the power/reset switch? If not, try that now. Flip it to the reset position, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then flip it back.

Also, have you tried to calibrate the incline function?

We have turned the power in and off as well as unplugged. Even the calibrate incline isn’t working. It’s just that quiet ticking.

OK I've seen this before. The incline motor is jammed and/or the incline sensor has malfunctioned. Where did you purchase the unit?

NordicTrack

OK, thanks! Since the unit is under warranty, you should stop where you are and call ICON (aka NordicTrack) directly. Their number is 1-***-***-****. Tell them the things you've tried and mention a defective incline sensor and/or jammed incline motor and they will get you squared away.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Ok. Thank you!

Any time, happy to help!