Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Nordic track treadmill is stuck in the incline position.

My Nordic track treadmill...

My Nordic track treadmill is stuck in the incline position. Could the moror be burnt out>

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Let me look...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Nordick Track 1750-we have tried everything. There is not one sound emitting from the machine when we try to move it into a lower incline or flat. This happened in January.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I need a technician in my area to fix it!

2/18/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Unlikely that the incline motor has failed. First thing we need to try is to disconnect the power cord for a few minutes, then reconnect. Have you already tried that?

I’ll donut now

OK, let me know if that changes anything.

No-the incline is not budging; the belt is moving��

OK let's try to break it free by calibrating the incline system. To calibrate the incline, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the STOP and SPEED + buttons.

2. While holding those buttons, insert the safety key. The machine will now be in calibration mode.

3. Press the STOP button once.

4. Then, press INCLINE + to begin the calibration. Do not stand on the machine while the calibration is taking place.

5. The machine will move to its highest incline position, then to its lowest decline position. Please wait for the machine to come to a complete stop.

6. When the machine stops moving, the calibration is complete.

7. Remove the safety key from the console to exit calibration mode.

Try that and let me know how it goes!

The key?????

The red safety key.

Ok-it didn’t work-nothing happened; I will try again

If done properly, that should bring us into incline calibration mode.

I have the machine turned on; I pressed and held speed and stop at the same time; inserted red key-while holding both buttons-let go of all of them and pressed stop one time. Then pressed incline-nothing happened
Hello? Help!
Are you still helping me or have you given up? Just let me know please, so I don’t have to continue to hang here!

I'm here, working as quickly as I can.

OK let's try another way.

1.Press and hold the STOP button.

2.While holding the button, insert the safety key into the console. The machine will now be in calibration mode.

3.Press the STOP button once.

4.Press INCLINE + to begin the calibration. Do not stand on the machine while the calibration is taking place.

5.The machine will move to its highest incline position, then to its lowest decline position. Please wait for the machine to come to a complete stop.

6.When the machine stops moving, the calibration is complete.

7.Remove the safety key from the console to exit calibration mode.

Did it 2 times-still nothing

OK, thank you. In that case, the most probable cause is a defective incline sensor. The sensor is mounted near the incline motor, and it sending a constant "UP" signal to the motor. Not the motor's fault.

You can get a new sensor >>here<<. There are 3 videos on YouTube that detail the replacement, depending on which style deck your treadmill has. If you go there and search "NordicTrack incline sensor replacement" you will see them.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Thank you!

You're welcome!