Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Its operating fine but I am smelling rubber pretty bad odor…

Customer Question
Its operating fine but...

Its operating fine but I am smelling burnt rubber pretty bad odor severe. I tried belt lube and it didnt work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro form-performance 6000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

Very recent smell started but it was in storage for 6 months prior and was not being used while we moved homes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I did try using belt lube nut didnt help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/16/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still need help- treadmill works but smells rubber or burning while running. I tried to lube the belt but it didn’t help the odor.

How old is the treadmill?

5 years. Never any issues before and just out of blue. Obviously something is burning up belt or motor ??? What think? Is it worth having someone come out to fix

To be honest: No, it wouldn't be worth it. You are looking at $250+ to have someone come out and fix the issue on the minimum end and it can go up a lot more if it is a really bad issue. You can buy treadmills for around $350-$400 brand new.

Upset thought u was buying a good one and spent $1000 to avoid this breaking issue. How long is life of treadmill? Is the pro form a good brand and this model purchased from dicks pretty upset died so quick

Proform are decent treadmills

The average life of a treadmill is usually around 7 years but cheaper models last less than that.