Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a pro form 4500 treadmill that just stopped moving.

I have a pro...

I have a pro form 4500 treadmill that just stopped moving. Everything else works. Seems its either the motor or the control board.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Pro form model pro 4500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?

It is 5 years old and just suddenly happened. I took the top off and cleaned everything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

There is a red LED on the control board that is on when you start the treadmill. When you go to start there is a another orange led that blinks and then the red led starts to blink.

1/20/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

We need to remove the motor cover and disconnect the motor from the controller. Then use a fully charged cordless drill battery, and connect the motor to it. See if the motor spins. There's a video of this test >>here<<.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there a voltage that can be measured?

No you aren't measuring a voltage, you're supplying it to the motor to see if the motor spins.

This will tell us if the motor is functional or if we need to examine the control board.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It moved about a half a rotation
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The drill battery was not fully charged.

Needs to be fully charged for the test to be valid (the motor pulls a lot of current). Recharge and run the test again. It should spin continuously and not stop.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It runs when connected to the battery

OK great, so the motor is fine. Does the incline work?

OK, if both motors (drive & incline) are working and the console is operational... then we're looking at a defective motor controller. Your treadmill uses a MC-2100 which you can purchase at a lot of different places including >>here<<.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

You're welcome!