Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a Schwinn 420 Eliptical. While moving it my wife

I have a Schwinn...

I have a Schwinn 420 Eliptical. While moving it my wife forgot to unplug it and ripped out the ac adaptor I put on the machine and lost it. There is a yellow line and an orange line showing from what remains to the unit. Is there a way to replace/repair the ac input?

Technician's Assistant: What Schwinn model do you have?

420 Eliptical

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Schwinn? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. It broke awhile back and she continued to use the machine w/o the power.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so...

1/20/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Hey there. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! I really need to see a picture of what's going on so I can help. Can you upload one here for me to see? There should be a little paper clip on your chat window. If there isn't, just upload to a sharing site of your choice (Imgur, Facebook, etc.) and give me a link to it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you got pic.

Nope. Did you use the paper clip icon?

Got it. Thanks! Was the wall plug on the other end of that cord??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
actually, I believe there was a plug on the unit to plug in an adaptor that plugs into the wall. So, I believe what I need is the plug to attach to the wire and then be able to plug in the adaptor

I'm looking at the schematics now. Just a minute.

Ohh, I see it now. Yea, the elliptical uses an AC/DC Power Adapter. It takes the AC from the wall outlet and converts to DC for the elliptical to use. The plug on the elliptical is for the DC plug.

Do you still have the adapter that goes to the wall, or is that ruined?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, my wife lost it...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Getting a new adapter is the easy part. Getting the plug to attach
To the broken wire on the machine is really the question

I have a part number for both. Trying to actually find someone that has it is the hard part.

Look >>here<<. I highlighted the plug & wiring that goes into the elliptical. It's only a $5 part but I can't find one for sale. Do you want the part number so you can search? You could try eBay and other online sites.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. The adapter is available but I haven’t seen the plug in on the machine anywhere. I’m wondering if there are repair centers that can get and fix it...

Nah, I can't get it and we all use the same suppliers. You can call >>these guys<< to see if they have one laying around. There's also >>this one<<.