Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a c900i treadmill. The incline will not change it is…

Customer Question
I have a c900i...

I have a c900i treadmill. The incline will not change it is stuck on the 12 percent slope. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your equipment?

Nordictrack c9001

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C9001? What have you tried so far?

It just started. I have unplugged it to see if it would reset as well as turned it over to get a visual but did not notice anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
1/20/2018
Exercise Equipment Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! We need to try to calibrate the incline sensor. Try these methods and let me know the results.

Method 1: Press Stop and Speed Up, Insert the Key

To calibrate the incline, press and hold the stop and speed increase buttons. While holding the buttons, insert the safety key. The machine will now be in calibration mode. Press the Stop button once. Then, press one of the incline buttons to begin the calibration. It is recommended that you do not stand on the machine while the calibration is taking place. The machine will move to its highest incline position, then to its lowest decline position. Please wait for the machine to come to a complete stop. When the machine stops moving, the calibration is complete. Remove the safety key from the console to exit calibration mode.

Method 2: Press the Stop Button, Insert the Key

To calibrate the incline, press and hold the stop button. While holding the button, insert the safety key into the console. The machine will now be in calibration mode. Press the stop button once. Then, press either the incline up or incline down button to begin the calibration. It is recommended that you do not stand on the machine while the calibration is taking place. The machine will move to its highest incline position, then to its lowest decline position. Please wait for the machine to come to a complete stop. When the machine stops moving, the calibration is complete. Remove the safety key from the console to exit calibration mode.

Let me know how it goes!